Costco sells Heavenly Hunks, organic, gluten free, vegan/dairy-free, oatmeal chocolate bites that the gluten free community is raving about. I’ve never tried them, but here is my recipe using the same ingredients. Now, I know what people are raving about. We are addicted! Make this gluten free vegan/dairy-free heavenly hunks copycat recipe your way: with or without coconut or even add chopped nuts.
Check out the Video: Texture of Heavenly Hunks Copycat Recipe.
Heavenly Hunks Copycat Recipe
- 3 cups 272g whole rolled gluten-free oats
- 1 cup 177 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons 22 g flaked coconut (optional or replace with chopped nuts)
- 2 tablespoons 19 g sorghum flour
- 2 tablespoons 15 g cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoon 15 g potato starch
- 1/2 +1/8 teaspoons 3 g fine sea salt
- 1/4 Cup 55 g granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons 26 g dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup 165 g gluten-free brown rice syrup
- 1//2 Cup + 2 T 138 g water
- Neutral flavored oil for pan
Line a 7-1/2 x 7-1/2-inch (inside measurements) metal pan with parchment, leaving a1-inch overhang on both sides for easy removal. Anchorthe center with a dab of oil and oil the top and sides ofthe paper and the bare pan sides that are not covered with parchment.
Preheat the oven on the convection setting to 325°F (350°F for a standard oven).
Add the oats, chocolate chips, coconut flakes (if using), sorghum flour, cornstarch, potato starch, salt, brown sugar, and granulated sugar; mix with your fingers until evenly distributed.
Add the brown rice syrup and water; using a rubber/silicone spatula, combine until everything is moist, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl as needed.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and press down with the spatula to even the top.
Evenly distribute the chocolate chips that you can see on top to ensure you get some in every bite. Bake for 30 minutes on a convection setting or to your desired color and crispness in a standard oven.
Remove the pan from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack for about 90 minutes or until cool. Remove the bites and the parchment paper from the pan and transfer directly to the cooling rack; continue to cool, if necessary. After about an additional30 to 60 minutes,
Find more Gluten Free Snack Bar Recipes.