You may have read my review or entered the giveaway for WholeVine Natural Products gourmet, award-winning cookies a short time ago. Well, WholeVine also makes incredible gluten free grape skin and grape seed flour in a wide range of flavors. I’m sure you’ll be able to find one you enjoy. They make the following flavors in both grape skin and grape seed: Zinfandel, Chardonnay, Syrha, Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Riesling, Merlot, and Pinot Noir. Read on to hear what gluten-free baking reviewer, Dr. Danielle West has to say about WholeVine grape flours, check out the WholeVine video, and enter the giveaway below.
WholeVine gluten free wine flour is made by a GFCO certified baker and packer. GFCO (Gluten Free Certification Organization), is a division of GIG, (Gluten Intolerance Group of North America), and is tested for under 10 ppm (parts per million) gluten using the EZ Gluten/ELISA testing method. They also have an outside lab do verification testing as needed.
A review of WholeVine Gluten-Free Wine Flours
By Dr Danielle West, ND
I was asked to review four of their delicious flours: two made from grape seeds and two from grape skins, and all from original vineyards of Sonoma County, California where some of the best wines from the United States are produced: Merlot, Chardonnay, Cabernet, and Syrah. So bake and cook I did!! Here’s what happened.
Cabernet Sauvignon Grape Seed Flour:
I made an absolutely, positively, incredible, and totally decadent chocolate cabernet cheesecake, cabernet brownies!
And then I decided to mix it up a little bit with the Merlot Grape Skin Flour. I made an incredible merlot pot roast in the slow cooker – so not only was I able to enjoy the taste for dinner, but I got to savor the wonderful scent all day long as it was cooking. (Sometimes I get selfish that way!) And of course, then I made merlot chocolate cupcakes for dessert! Now, that’s all well and good since I love the pairing of red wines and red meat as well as red wines and chocolate. But what about the Syrah, and Chardonnay?
The Chardonnay Grape Seed Flour was a real treat! I made a loaf of Chardonnay bread! It was beyond scrumptious! And, as one of the seed flours I received, the next loaf I make is also going to have some other seeds in there with the Chardonnay flavor as a backdrop. And of course, mixing the Chardonnay in with a light breadcrumb breading for fish filets offers something truly outstanding for dinner!
And not to be outdone, there was the Syrah Grape Skin Flour… My husband loves lamb, and so for his birthday I marinated a beautiful lamb steak in Syrah and a bit of olive oil for about 10 hours, then grilled. It was beyond amazing! And then there were the meatballs I made earlier in the week with the Syrah flour as well.
All in all, I was overwhelmed at the new source of secret new gluten-free ingredients I can add to my baking and cooking repertoire to give things a truly unique flavor! When the comments I receive from baked goods or cooking are: “You’d never know it was gluten-free,” I know I’ve done well! In this case, WholeVine has done a tremendous job providing new and exciting gluten-free options. I can’t wait to order more for myself!
Carla’s Notes: See the WholeVine tips on using their unique flours at Chef’s Flour Tips. They have some really good advice on bread baking, and more.
When baking with flours that are high in fiber and/or high in protein, such as these, note that they absorb much more liquid than traditional gluten-free flour.
Check out this video on their oils,flours, and cookies below.
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY
This giveaway is open to U.S. shipping addresses only.
Two (2) winners will each receive:
- 1 – 1/2 lb. package Cabernet Seed Flour
- 1 – 1/2 lb. package Chardonnay Seed Flour
- 1 – 1/2 lb. package Merlot Skin Flour
- 1 – 1/2 lb. package Syrah Skin Flour
Total prizes valued at 52.00 ($26.00 in prizes to each winner).
How to Enter
Do step No. 1 below (mandatory), and then do additional steps for additional entries. Each comment counts as an entry.
- Comment on this post below, requesting to be entered in the giveaway and explain why you wish to enter. (mandatory).
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so below in a separate comment. If you’ve “liked” my FB page previously, state so in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- After liking my Facebook page, share this on Facebook, “ Enter to win 4 packages of WholeVine gourmet, gluten free, wine flour – hosted by @Gluten Free Carla at http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/gluten-free-grape-skin-grape-seed-flour-review-giveaway ” – and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting the following (without the quotes): “Enter #giveaway to #win 4 packs of @TheWholeVine #gourmet #glutenfree #wine flours – hosted by @Gluten Free Carla – http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/gluten-free-grape-skin-grape-seed-flour-review-giveaway” – and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. (1 extra entry)
- Follow and or all of Carla’s Pinterest boards and state what you did in a separate comment below. If you’re already following, state so in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Add Carla to one of your your Google+ Circles such as “Acquaintances”, or any custom circle such as “Gluten Free”, etc. If you’re already done so previously, state so in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other recipe or article on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in separate comments. Comments on other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this giveaway on any of the over 400 social networks and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top left of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment stating so. (1 extra entry)
- “Like” WholeVine on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow @TheWholeVine on Twitter and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- This giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on February 2, 2013.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page on February 3, 2013.
- The winner will have until 11:59 pm PST on February 6, 2013 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this page on February 3, 2013 to view the winner announcement. All shipping addresses, phone numbers and email addresses are kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using a contest software application.
Disclaimer: WholeVine provided the reviewer with free samples of their products, and they were under no obligation to review them, if I they so chose. Nor were they under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free products; nor was I under any obligation to sponsor a giveaway.
See all current Gluten Free Giveaways.
And the winners are…
Carrie Elsass and Linda Stilson!
Congratulations to you both!
You have until February 6 at 11:59 to reply to the winner’s notification to supply your U.S. shipping address and phone number. Should you not reply within that time period a new winner will be chosen.