The Girl Scouts are testing a pilot project of gluten free Girl Scout cookies. They are only available in limited quantities, in limited areas. They will do follow-up research to determine if they will continue to sell them in the future. To coax them into carrying them every year, especially the Trios – yum!, I decided to order 6 extra packages to giveaway to one lucky winner. I would like to encourage everyone who wishes for gluten free Girl Scout cookies to be available in the future especially Girl Scout Trios Cookies, to enter, as a way of showing interest to the organization. THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED.
If you wish to provide feedback to the Girl Scout organization, please leave your feedback on my Trios Gluten Free Girl Scout Review page. That page serves as a platform for the Girl Scout organization to judge the level of interest within the gluten free community. There you can tell them if their cookies contain an allergen that you or your child have.
While the Girl Scouts are selling two different gluten free cookies, the only ones I have tried and reviewed are the Trios. Trios are amazing, at least for gluten free cookies that aren’t homemade. They’re chewy, yet crisp and have everything you may expect in three different cookies…chocolate chips, peanut butter and oatmeal. You can learn more by read my Trios Gluten Free Girl Scout Review.
As far as the other variety of cookies they are selling, I hear they are extremely hard. I am not interested in those at all as I enjoy chewy cookies, or at least crisp, but definitely not hard.
If you cannot find any Trios in your area, you can make similar ones from the recipe that I created, Flourless Copycat Trios Recipe.
About Trios Gluten Free Girl Scout Cookies
- Certified Gluten Free by Gluten Free Certification Organization (GFCO)
- Made in a dedicated gluten-free facility
- Made with real chocolate chips, real peanut butter and certified gluten free whole grain oats
- Contain no artificial colors or flavors
- Contain no high-fructose corn syrup
- Contain no palm oil
- Contain no hydrogenated oils
Certified gluten free whole grain oats, semi-sweet chocolate chips (sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, dextrose soya lecithin), peanut butter (peanuts, salt), butter (sweet cream, salt), pure cane brown sugar, pure cane sugar, eggs, invert sugar, water and baking soda. Contains: Peanuts, milk, eggs & soy.
Where to Buy
Check the manufacturer’s website at ABC Smart Cookies for a list of councils that carry gluten free Girl Scout cookies.
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY:
One lucky winner will receive:
- Six (6) bags of Trios Gluten Free Girl Scout Cookies
The total suggested retail value: $30.00
This giveaway is open to U.S. shipping addresses only.
How to Enter
Do step No. 1 below (mandatory), and then, if you desire, perform additional steps to enter for additional entries. Add a separate comment below for each step you perform as each comment counts as one entry.
- Comment on this post below explaining why you wish to enter. (mandatory). (Don’t forget to comment separately for each step you do.)
- Like Gluten Free Carla on Facebook. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall or page with a link to the giveaway. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Follow @GFrecipebox on Twitter. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Tweet this giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Follow any or all boards of GlutenFreeRecipeBox.com on Pinterest. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Pin on Pinterest. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Follow Gluten Free Recipe Box on Instagram. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Add Gluten Free Recipe Box on Google+ to any of your circles. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Follow GlutenFreeRecipeBox on Tumblr. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Share on Tumblr. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Share this giveaway on any of the over 400 social networks with the url (link) to this giveaway. (optional) . (optional) (1 extra entry for each share/comment)
- Sign up for Carla’s newsletter at the top-left column of most pages. (optional) (1 extra entry)
See all the current Gluten Free Giveaways!
What you should know
- This giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on April 14, 2015.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page on April 15, 2015.
- The winner will have until 11:59 pm PST on April 18, 2015 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply their U.S. shipping address and phone number. Therefore, please use an email address you check often; or check back to this page on April 15, 2015 to view the winner announcement at the bottom of this page.
- All full names, shipping addresses, phone numbers and email addresses are kept confidential. , I will use the user name you use to enter your comment when announcing a winner.
- The winner is chosen at random using a contest software application.
- The prizes are shipped directly from the manufacturer.
- Comments on social media channels do not count as an entry. For additional entries, your comments must be placed on this page. We are not responsible for comments that do not show up due to error or malfunction.
Disclaimer: This giveaway is not sponsored by any company. I purchased the cookies online via an invitation I received from a girl scout’s mother. I received notice that they were shipped to me on March 12, 2015. When I receive them, I will hold them for the winner. Please keep in mind, if anything happens to them during shipping, I can be responsible for delivering the prize if they are no longer available. I know that Girl Scouts only have a limited amount of gluten free cookies as they are a pilot project. In addition, keep in mind if your area is hot when I ship them mid April, the chocolate chips may melt.
And the winner is…
Renata has until April 18 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply the necessary information or a new winner will be chosen.