A new kid on the block, CooKoo for Coconut, sent me some of their coconut flour. I developed a delicious Skinny Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe with this yummy and healthy flour. Check out the below review, learn about this flour, and enter the giveaway to be eligible to be one of 10 lucky winners! It’s easy to enter. Just add a comment below on why you wish to enter; and check out the 16 other ways of getting additional entries. Good luck! THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED.
About CooKoo for Coconut Flour
- Gluten free
- Certified Organic
- USDA Organic
- Low Glycemic
- Better Than Organic*
*Better Than Organic = Owners, Michael and Mary, state that they will never add artificial contaminants the their products whether or not their certification allows them.
About Michael and Mary
Owners of CooKoo for Coconut, Michael and Mary, swear by the use of coconut flour as a way of healing your body, especially after the disabling effects that gluten can have on your body. Knowing this, and experiencing it first hand, they ditched the white flour and substituted it with coconut flour. As you can see in the above features list, it really is the way to go.
How to Use Coconut Flour
You can bread chicken, fish, and veggies with coconut flour just as you would with white flour. If you desire crispness, add 1 teaspoon of baking powder to any flour used for breading.
For baking, I find that you don’t need any additional liquid if you are substituting up to 30% coconut flour for gluten free all purpose flour. However, coconut flour absorbs plenty of liquid; therefore, you will most likely need to experiment with a larger conversion. In addition, if you are not using plenty of eggs in a recipe, you’ll need some sort of gum (xanthan or guar) or binder.
Other than that, it’s an easy switch to make for a many health benefits.
You’d be surprise how little the coconut flour comes through when adding to many recipes. When used in savory dishes, I don’t notice it much, just a little sweetness.
How Safe is CooKoo for Coconut Flour?
CooKoo for coconut flour is processed and packaged in a dedicated facility. Each shipment of flour is tested by an independent lab to be under 5 parts per million (ppm) gluten.
Where to Buy
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY:
Ten (10) 500 gram bags (1.16 lbs.), one each to 10 winners
The total suggested retail value: $99.70 ($9.97 each)
This giveaway is open to U.S. and Canadian shipping addresses only.
How to Enter
Do step No. 1 below (mandatory), and then, if you desire, perform additional steps to enter for additional entries. Add a separate comment below for each step you perform as each comment counts as one entry.
- Comment on this post below explaining why you wish to enter. (mandatory). (Don’t forget to keep any additional steps you do in separate comments.)
- Like CooKoo for Coconut on Facebook . (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Like Gluten Free Carla on Facebook. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall or page with a link to the giveaway. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Follow CooKoo for Coconut on Twitter. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Follow @GFrecipebox on Twitter. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Tweet this giveaway on Twitter with a link to the giveaway. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Follow any or all boards of Coconut Country Living on Pinterest. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Follow any or all boards of GlutenFreeRecipeBox.com on Pinterest. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Pin on Pinterest. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Follow Gluten Free Recipe Box on Instagram. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Add Gluten Free Recipe Box on Google+ to any of your circles. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Follow CooKoo for Coconut on Tumblr. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Follow GlutenFreeRecipeBox on Tumblr. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Share on Tumblr. (optional) (1 extra entry)
- Share this giveaway on any of the over 400 social networks with url to this giveaway. (optional) (1 extra entry for each share). (optional) (1 extra entry for each share/comment)
- Sign up for Carla’s newsletter at the top-left column of most pages. (optional) (1 extra entry)
See all the current Gluten Free Giveaways!
What you should know
- This giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on March 11, 2015.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page on March 12, 2013.
- The winner will have until 11:59 pm PST on March 15, 2015 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this page on March 12, 2015 to view the winner announcement. All shipping addresses, phone numbers and email addresses are kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using a contest software application.
- The prizes are shipped directly from the manufacturer.
- Comments on social media channels do not count as an entry. For additional entries, your comments must be placed on this page. We are not responsible for comments that do not show up due to error or malfunction.
Disclaimer: This giveaway is sponsored by CooKoo for Coconut. While they have sponsored this review and giveaway and provided me with free samples of coconut flour, it has not effected my opinion of their product whatsoever.
And the winner are…
Dee Fedor (won three bags!)
craftyone (won four bags!)