Enjoy Life was generous to have sent me 4 boxes of their crunchy gluten free cookies, in all four flavors. Not only did they send me them to me to share my review with you, but they are also sponsoring a giveaway. It only takes one comment to enter, explaining why you wish to enter. Now for my/our review of their crunchy gluten free cookies…
Enjoy Life’s Gluten Free Crunchy Cookies are awesome, especially if you enjoy crunch in your cookies. They are the crunchiest gluten free cookies I have ever had! The day I opened them I taste-tested one of each, starting with my least favorite flavor, working my way up to my fave. Once I reached my fave, I wish I had only had one bite of the others, as I wanted more, much more! I was good, though and stopped at the one.
When reading my review, please keep in mind that I do not like many things on the crunchy side, even gluten free cookies. This will tell you a lot!
They come in four flavors: Sugar Crisp, Vanilla Honey Graham, Chocolate Chip and Double Chocolate – all the classic cookie flavors. They all seem to have a buttery flavor, with just the right amount of sweetness and salt. See below for my review and the ingredients for each individual cookie below.
Sugar Crisp Gluten Free Cookies
A sugar cookie, is a sugar cookie, you’d think, right? Well, this sugar cookie tastes buttery, yet is crunchy, and has a sugar coating on top. How do they do that? Usually when you add butter, it softens the cookie. Then you’d have to add a ton of sugar to get the cookie to become crispy, but they don’t taste too sweet. I’m not a big sugar cookie person, but I must say, they are good.
Ingredients: Flour Mix (White Rice Flour, Millet Flour, Buckwheat Flour), Evaporated Cane Juice, Palm Oil, Brown Pure Cane Sugar, Natural Flavor, Salt, Vanilla, Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Xanthan Gum, Rosemary Extract
Vanilla Honey Graham Gluten Free Cookies
Upon my first bite, I could taste brown sugar. I was thinking, “Now that’s what I’m talking about! Brown sugar! – as in a good chocolate chip cookie! It tastes between a chocolate chip cookie and a graham cracker, somehow. I didn’t notice an extra strong flavor of vanilla, just right!
Ingredients: Flour Mix (Brown & White Rice Flour, Buckwheat Flour, Millet Flour), Palm Oil, Brown Pure Cane Sugar, Evaporated Cane Juice, Honey, Natural Flavors, Vanilla, Salt, Baking Soda, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Rosemary Extract
Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Cookies
My next thought was, “Speaking of chocolate chip cookies…,” as I picked up the next box. These have so many more chocolate chips compared to their soft chocolate chip cookies. Oh my! Love them, crunch and all! That buttery flavor is what I miss in most crunchy cookie. Perfect!
Ingredients: Flour Mix (White Rice Flour, Buckwheat Flour, Millet Flour), Chocolate Chips (Evaporated Cane Juice, Chocolate Liquor (Non-Alcoholic), Non- Dairy Cocoa Butter), Palm Oil, Evaporated Cane Juice, Brown Pure Cane Sugar, Natural Flavor, Salt, Vanilla, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Baking Soda, Xanthan Gum, Rosemary Extract
Double Chocolate Gluten Free Cookies
Now, I love chocolate, but sometimes a double chocolate chip cookie can be tricky. Perhaps not enough sugar in the dough, making it too bitter; or too much chocolate and sugar, making it too sweet. These are just right. I love them! Again, lots of chocolate chips. Yummers!
Ingredients: Flour Mix (White Rice Flour, Buckwheat Flour, Millet Flour), Chocolate Chips (Evaporated Cane Juice, Chocolate Liquor (Non-Alcoholic), Non-Dairy Cocoa Butter), Palm Oil, Brown Pure Cane Sugar, Evaporated Cane Juice, Natural Process Cocoa Powder, Natural Flavors, Vanilla, Salt, Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Xanthan Gum, Rosemary Extract
My Husband’s Review
When it comes to food, my husband is not big on words, just action. He loves crunchy cookies, and devoured them all, without one comment. That tells me he loved him, due to not one critique. As he was eating my least favorite flavor, I said, “It’s a sugar cookie,” thinking I needed to justify why they weren’t as good as the other. He said, “They’re good!” I made sure to remind him to save me a couple of my faves two faves, ones with chocolate, of course. He actually left me a few more! – Very generous of him! Now for the giveaway…
THE GLUTEN FREE GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive the following:
- 7 boxes of Enjoy Life Crunchy Gluten Free Cookies, your flavors of choice.
Suggested Retail Value $30.00.
How to Enter and Ways of Entering Additional Times
One entry per comment.
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you wish to enter. (mandatory)
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, using “@GFrecipebox“, in your tweet and leave a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the over 400 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top left of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment stating so. (1 extra entry)
- “Like” Enjoy Life Foods on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow Enjoy Life on Twitter and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on April 27, 2012.
- The winner will be announce on this page on April 28, 2012.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on May 1, 2012 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on April 28, 2012 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using random.org.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page.
Disclaimer: Enjoy Life provided me with free samples of their products to try, and I was under no obligation to review them, if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the free products.
And the winner is…
Congratulations, Dakota! You have until 8:30am PST on May 2, 2012 to reply to this winner’s notification email to supply us with your U.S. shipping address and phone number. If you do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen.