This particular gluten-free giveaway and Arico’s Cassava Chips review was fun and educational for me. I don’t eat chips often and was able to sample all 4 flavors of Arico Foods‘ wonderful Cassava Chips. The first thing I did is research cassava. Cassavas are roots, grown similar to potatoes and are naturally gluten-free. Much like a potato, cassava roots are rich in energy from their high starch content and some soluble carbohydrates. Thousands of years ago they were grown in South America, later spreading to Latin America, Asia and Africa. Cassava is consumed all around the world today, though North America has little products containing cassava.
Arico’s Cassava Chips are made from cassava and are gluten-free and casein-free, contain twice the amount of fiber compared to potato chips and do not contain any trans fat. They even make a low-sodium sea salt version.
Flavors and Allergy Information
- Cassava Original (30% less fat compared to potato chips)
- Cassava Sea Salt Mist- Low-Sodium (30% less fat compared to potato chips)
- Barbecue Bliss (40% less fat compared to potato chips) Contains soy.
- Ginger on Fire (40% less fat compared to potato chips) Contains soy.
Each bag is 5 oz. and contains 5 generous portions.
As a gluten-free dieter I was so pleased to see the “less fat and more fiber” on the bag! All of the chips have the texture of natural baked potato chips, are very thin and have a brown trim around the edges, from the peel I presume. All of them are lightly seasoned and I did not find one flavor that I did not thoroughly enjoy. The Ginger on Fire was a pleasant surprise, spicy, almost like misquite barbecue chips, but with the taste of ginger instead! I really liked the Sea Salt Mist, as I usually enjoy low-sodium chips and sea salt is such a health benefit! The Original was just that; they tasted great, very much like potato chips. Lastly, the Bliss Barbecue, which has a mild barbecue flavor, unlike traditional barbecue potato chips. They’re all great! Which one will be your favorite?
Find a Store Near You That Carries Arico’s Cassava Chips
Use their Store Locator I did, and found them at my local Whole Foods Market.
Arico Natural Foods Company was very generous in offering one lucky winner 12 bags of their Cassava Chips (3 of each flavor)!, a value of $43.86.
What you need to do to enter:
Submit a comment below minimally stating that you wish to enter. (Mandatory)
Ways of Entering Multiple Times
Tell us what extra things you have done below in your comment:
- Like my Facebook Page “Gluten Free Carla“. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook. (2 extra entries)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox“. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet this post on Twitter. (1 extra entries)
- Retweet this post from “GFrecipebox“. (2 extra entries)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit one. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on November 4, 2010.
- The winner will have 2 days to reply to the winner’s notification email to claim their prize or a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on November 5, 2010 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s email address and shipping address will be kept confidential between us and Arico Natural Foods Company.
- The name of the winner will be announced on this website and Facebook on November 5, 2010.
Use the Contact Form to email us your questions.