This gluten free bread recipe for bread machines reminds me of an English muffin – (must be the corn starch). It is great toasted! It contains no milk, but is made with homemade raw almond milk. Give it a try if you can tolerate corn starch and egg.
UPDATE: This was my first gluten free bread attempt. I have since perfected much lighter recipes without the use of a bread machine. See the Gluten Free Bread Recipes category for gluten free breads, rolls, quick breads, and more! I also have developed multiple gluten-free bread machine recipes.
Gluten Free Bread Recipe for Bread Machines
A white gluten free bread recipe for machines using almond milk, making it dairy-free.
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 Tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 3/4 cups warm Raw Almond Milk or almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 teaspoons or 1 packet active dry yeast
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl except for the yeast
- Warm raw almond milk to 85° and add to bread machine pan.
- Add oil to pan over the turner (to prevent sticking).
- Beat eggs in a small bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to bread pan; level out; and make 2 wells on the left and right sides.
- Distribute beaten eggs to each well.
- Sprinkle yeast around the egg, trying to avoid the yeast from getting wet.
- Cook on white bread cycle for 3+ hours; or whatever your bread machine suggests. I baked this bread on the light crust setting.
- Carefully remove the spinner from the bottom of the bread while still hot/warm.
- Cool completely.
- Slice; and freeze leftovers to prevent spoiling and drying out.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.