You may be familiar with some of the brands of gluten free soup available in cans or cartons, but NonaLim soups are quite different. It is packaged in pouches, but more importantly, it was developed by Nona Lim, a Singaporean native. She has dedicated her culinary pursuits to healing people with good food. Not only does she make a gluten free line of soup, but a detox line, as well. NonaLim soup has been nominated for a Nexty Award, the Natural Products Expo West trade show award recognizing thought leaders and innovation. You can check out their current website at Cook SF. Their future site, NonaLim, is under construction. They were so certain that their soups would be enjoyed by all that they not only sent us some samples to taste-test, but, in advance, set up to sponsor a giveaway for five winners! Below, Dr. Danielle West-Stellick explains the different ways she used NonaLim gluten free soup and what she thinks about them. Good luck in the giveaway!
Glute Free Soup – the ultimate comfort food
By Dr. Danielle West-Stellick
Most of you have read my gluten free baking reviews and thus know of my love affair with baked goods. What you probably don’t know is my love affair is really with ALL food… from soup to nuts as they say… And to me, speaking of soup, there is a big difference between soup and broth… Enter NonaLim gluten free soups! Made in a dedicated gluten free facility, and packed with only healthy vegetables and spices, they are definitely in the soup category: hearty, thick, ingredient rich and beyond delicious.
Now, most areas of the country are just coming out of a very extended winter… at times like that, hot soups to me are like comfort food… Of course, now that we’re rapidly plunging into a combined spring/summer, what is better and simply more refreshing than a cold soup? NonaLim soups are perfect either way! And what’s more, is they are shelf stable, come in very robust plastic pouches, and are one of those products you can just grab from the refrigerator in the morning or on your way to work and go! I had the privilege of sampling four of their fares: Zucchini Soup, All Bean Chilli, Thai Green Curry, and Red Lentil Veggie… each was better than the other!
As if that wasn’t enough – let me ask you a question: When is a soup not a soup? When it becomes the main ingredient in another dish! Again, not something you’d readily do with broth, but… while the All Bean Chilli was perfect for one of those days when we had a late April snow, and the Zucchini was amazing to me cold with a dollop of sour cream, the Red Lentil Veggie was PERFECT to add in those final moments when making risotto! The Thai Green Curry was a great topping for a mild fish like Swai!
Folks, let’s be honest. Good gluten free soup, I mean, seriously good soup that doesn’t taste like it came from a can, and a cheap can at that, is hard to find. And I know, sometimes you just settle for the gluten free foods accessible in your local markets. These soups are the type of product that, if it was not available locally, I strongly advocate ordering online!!! After all, you can’t beat great taste, amazing nutrition, and home delivery!
Thai Green Curry
Organic tofu, bell pepper, carrots, onion, mushrooms, cauliflower, eggplant, coconut milk, water, olive oil, fresh chili, garlic, ginger, cilantro, shallot, lemongrass, spices, kosher salt and pepper.
Note: If you are sensitive to trace amounts of gluten, do not consume mushrooms. They are often grown on wheat though they usually test well below 20 parts per million.
Red Lentil Veggie
Vegetable broth (water, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, herbs and spices), carrots, onions, lentils, zucchini, diced tomatoes (tomatoes and tomato juice, sea salt, naturally derived citric acid and calcium chloride), celery, scallions, cilantro, olive oil, lime juices, spices, kosher salt and pepper.
Vegetable broth (water, carrots, onions, celery, garlic, herbs and spices), zucchini, non-GMO corn, poblano chile, onions, rice milk, olive oil, garlic, herbs and spices, kosher salt and pepper.
All Bean Chili
Water, black beans, pinto beans, lima beans, onions, diced tomatoes (tomatoes and tomato juice, sea salt, naturally derived citric acid, and calcium chloride), olive oil, tomato paste (tomatoes and citric acid), garlic, spices, kosher salt, and pepper.
THE GLUTEN-FREE GIVEAWAY
This giveaway is open to U.S. shipping addresses only.
Five (5) lucky winners will receive the following:
- 1 Kit of 4 NonaLim gluten free soups including any of the following: Carrot Ginger, Tomato, Thai Green Curry, All Bean Chili, Red Lentil Veggie, or Zucchini, with a suggested retail value of $27 per winner.
The total suggested retail value of all prizes is $135.
How to Enter
Do step No. 1 below (mandatory), and then do additional steps if you desire to enter for additional entries. Each step/comment counts as an entry.
- Comment on this post below, requesting to be entered in the giveaway and explain why you wish to enter. (mandatory).
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so below in a separate comment. If you’ve “liked” my FB page previously, state so in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Follow NonaLim as nona lim on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. If you previously liked it, state so. (1 extra entry)
- After liking our Facebook pages, share this on Facebook, “ Enter to win NonaLim Foods healthy gluten free soup in the giveaway hosted by @Gluten Free Carla at http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/nonalim-gluten-free-soup @nona lim ” – and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. If you’re a previous follower, state so. (1 extra entry)
- Follow @nonalimfoods on Twitter and leave a separate comment below with your Twitter user name. If you previously followed, state so. (1 extra entry)
- After following us on Twitter, tweet about this giveaway by copying and pasting the following (without the quotes): “ Enter to win healthy
#glutenfree soups by @nonalimfoods in the @GFrecipebox #giveaway at http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/nonalim-gluten-free-soup #gfree ” and state what you did in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Follow any or all of my boards on Pinterest and leave the url to your Pinterest boards in a comment below. If you’re already a follower state so. (1 extra entry)
- Follow nonalim on Instagram. (1 extra entry)
- Add Carla to one of your Google+ Circles such as “Acquaintances”, or any custom circle such as “Gluten Free”, etc. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other recipe or article on this site, (limit 2), and state what you did below, in separate comments. Comments on other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this giveaway on any of the over 400 social networks and leave a separate comment below for each share you performed. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top-left side of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you did so. If you are already a subscriber state so, instead. (1 extra entry)
- Check out NonaLim’s blog and leave a comment below about what you learned or liked.
What you should know
- This giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on May 25, 2013.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page on May 26, 2013.
- The winner will have until 11:59 pm PST on May 29, 2013 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this page on May 26, 2013 to view the winner announcement. All shipping addresses, phone numbers and email addresses are kept confidential.
- The winner is chosen at random using a contest software application.
Disclaimer: NonaLim provided us with free products, and we were under no obligation to review them, if we so chose. Nor we were not under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a giveaway in return for the free products.
See all current Gluten Free Giveaway
And the winners are…
Diana G., Laurie Clark, Barb K., Liz, and Niki B.!
Congratulations! You are all winners in the NonaLim Gluten Free Soups Giveaway!
You all have until May 29, 2013 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply your full name, U.S. shipping address, and phone number. If you do not reply within this time period a new winner will be chosen.