There are two version of the Blue Hawaiian Cocktail. One contains cream of coconut and the other contains sweet and sour mix. Both recipes are included below. If you are having a red and white theme for your Memorial Day or 4th of July celebration, either recipe is a perfect fit. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Blue Hawaiian Cocktails and Drinks
A gluten free blue Hawaiian cocktail recipe using cream of coconut for a tropical delight or sweet and sour mix for a clear appearance.
- 1 1/2 oz. rum
- 1 1/2 oz. Blue Curaçao (orange liqueur)
- 2 oz. Roland Creme of Coconut or 2 oz. gluten-free sweet and sour mix (Daily's or Mr & Mrs T's)
- 6 oz. fresh or canned pineapple juice
- Chunks of pineapple for glass (optional)
- 2 maraschino cherries, for garnish (Luxardo Cherries are gluten-free)
- 2 fresh pineapple wedges, for garnish
- Pineapple leaves, for garnish
- Add all ingredients in a blender with ice and mix until all ice is crushed.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with a cherry, pineapple wedge and pineapple leaves, if desired.
- Add pineapple chunks to glass, if desired.
For a clear cocktail with a coconut flavor, use some pure coconut water such as O.N.E. 100% Coconut Water Splash and omit the cream of coconut. Be sure to use pure coconut water as a brand with other ingredients may contain gluten.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.