Happy Mother’s Day to all of you wonderful mother’s! Here is a last minute recipe you can whip up in no time, especially if you already have a batch of my cake flour blend recipe on hand. The pink champagne frosting make these gluten free chocolate cupcakes a special treat!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes with Pink Champagne Frosting
Whether it be Mother's Day, a birthday, or just to satisfy a craving, these gluten free chocolate cupcakes with pink champagne frosting, hit the spot!
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 recipe Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
For the Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening (vegetable or organic palm)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 drops gluten-free red food color (or to liking) (I use Soft Gel Paste
To Make the Cupcakes:
- Make the recipe in the link above in the ingredients list. Instead of using Dutch processed cocoa powder, use regular along with 1 tablespoon additional butter. However, you can make them with as instructed using Dutch processed cocoa powder.
To Make the Frosting:
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream butter and shortening on high speed.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with garnishes. Store loosely covered.
Mini Cupcakes: You can also make mini cupcakes; just bake them for a shorter time, until they spring back when lightly pressed.
Natural Food Coloring: Add a little beet powder when adding the powdered sugar and omit the artificial food coloring.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.