I was out of town and running low on my Udi’s gluten-free sandwich bread. I wanted to pick some up while I was out, just in case. I went to Whole Foods in Napa, California and could not find Udi’s bread, but many other brands I lifted each one, looking for a light-weight bread like Udi’s, but they were all heavy, until…I found Rudi’s gluten-free bread! I thought, “Oh my! This is light!” I ended up not using it, but placed it in my sister’s freezer and brought it home with me. I was still using my Udi’s bread, until I realized I had not yet tried the Rudi’s bread. Wow! The texture is just like regular white bread! See the photo below for yourself. This made a great savory chicken salad sandwich.
Savory Chicken Salad on Rudi’s Gluten-free Bread
A simple, yet flavorful and savory, gluten free chicken salad recipe.
- 1 chicken breast, boiled
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free white vinegar
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped finely
- 2 heaping Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free mustard (I used Grey Poupon)
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add chicken and sprinkle chicken with vinegar.
- Distribute remaining ingredients on top of chicken and mix with a fork.
- Add to bread and there's your sandwich; or serve atop salad.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.