Brown rice syrup is often used in gluten-free recipes. I hadn’t used it yet and was given the opportunity when Tropical Traditions sent me a jar of their Certified Organic Brown Rice Syrup which is gluten-free. I made a chewy Gooey Gluten-Free Brownie Recipe and also used in my Udi’s-style Gluten-free Whole Grain Bread Recipe, as it is an ingredient used in Udi’s Whole Grain Loaf. I love it! It’s thicker than agave syrup, but nowhere near as sweet.
Brown rice syrup provides a light sweetness to your gluten-free recipes, while adding moisture, color and texture, while remaining organic. Brown rice syrup is usually made by using an enzyme from barley in cooked rice, however, Tropical Traditions uses koji (which contains about 50 enzymes) to break down the sugars instead, making it gluten-free!
It is currently on sale for $5.99.
THE GLUTEN-FREE GIVEAWAY
Five (5) lucky winners each will receive the following:
- 1 Tropical Traditions Certified Organic Brown Rice Syrup jar, 16 oz. Suggested Retail Value $7.00 each.
How to Enter and Ways of Entering Additional Times
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you wish to enter. (mandatory)
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway, using “GFrecipebox“, in your tweet or retweet the original tweet dated Sept. 24, 2011 from @GFrecipebox” and leave a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the over 400 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top left of most pages, and leave a separate comment below stating you do so. (1 extra entry)
- “Like” Tropical Traditions on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter (@Troptraditions) and leave a separate comment below with your Twitter user name. (1 extra entry)
- Sign up for the Tropical Traditions Sales Newsletter and enter a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on October 10, 2011.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on October 12, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on October 11, 2011 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential between us and Tropical Traditions.
- The name of the winner will be announced on this page, right below this line, on October 11, 2011.
- Winner is chosen at random using random.org.
- The winner will be announced at the bottom of this page.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
And the 5 winners are…
Felina Maris and
Colleen (wins 2!).
Winners were chosen at random using random.org.