Bacon wrapped anything is wonderful. Let’s face it, flavorful fat and salt just make things taste better. My second most popular appetizer is my Baked Wrapped Honey Chicken Appetizers. So, I figured you all may be interested in more bacon-wrapped appetizers. These bacon wrapped stuffed mushroom are just as flavorful except more so. They are stuffed with more richness, cream cheese! Enjoy.
Note: If you are on a gluten free diet, you should be aware if that you are highly sensitive to gluten, you may want to avoid mushrooms. However, most people with gluten intolerance can withstand the under 20 parts per million (ppm) gluten found which may be found in mushrooms.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mushroom
Gluten free bacon wrapped stuffed mushrooms with a rich creamy filling.
- 24 white button or Crimini (baby bellas) brown mushrooms
- 1 (8 oz.) package gluten free cream cheese
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 large garlic clove
- 12 slices gluten-free bacon (Applegate Sunday Breakfast or Hormel Natural Choice or Black Label)
- Wipe down the mushrooms using a damp paper towel. Loosen and pull out the stems. (If desired, you can reserve and mince the stems to use in the filling.)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Combine the cream cheese, minced shallots, and garlic until smooth. (I use a small food processor.)
- Using a teaspoon, fill each mushroom with the filling.
- Wrap each mushroom with a half slice of bacon, and attach the ends together with a toothpick. Transfer mushrooms to a baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the bacon is golden brown and mushrooms are tender. Serve immediately.
Note that crimini mushrooms are stronger in flavor than white button mushrooms. They are similar to portabello mushrooms. If you're not used to buying crimini, you should know that if the gills (under the mushroom) are not covered with a veil, the mushrooms are not fresh.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.