If soup is part of your life and you miss it during the summer, but can’t stand the heat, this recipe is perfect for you. You can serve it warm or chilled, and it is full of flavor, without any dairy.
Creamy Corn Soup – Chilled or Warm (Dairy Free)
Don't let the summer heat get you down. Make this creamy corn soup and chill it. The flavor profile is amazing served warm or cold.
- 1 tablespoon butter, dairy-free margarine (Smart Balance or Earth Balance), or oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups frozen corn, defrosted or fresh*
- 1/2 ground white pepper (less for kids)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 cup gluten-free chicken broth (Better Than Bouillon)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and saute until translucent over low heat, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute another minute.
- Stir in the corn, pepper, cumin, salt, and broth. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the corn becomes tender.
- Using a handheld immersion blender, or working in batches using a countertop blender, puree the mixture until smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator until cold or serve warm. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream or fresh herbs such as basil or parsley.
*Simmer it longer if using fresh corn,
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.