In addition to my gluten sensitivity, I have had allergic reactions to many coconut products. Therefore, I was hesitant on testing this product, but lo and behold I had no reaction at all to this product! The probable reason? I read that many people who have food allergies may not have an allergic reaction to a food when consuming their organic version. Avoiding chemicals, artificial ingredients, etc. is supposed to help those with food allergies. Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is not refined. The coconut is shredded (wet milled); cold pressed using the water from the inside of the coconut to make coconut milk; allowing it to sit for about a day to allow the oil to naturally separate from the milk; and then naturally separating the oil from the milk. Their process is highly commended and makes recipes tastes wonderful!
You may have already checked out my recent recipe, Gluten-free Almond Chestnut Chocolate Chip Cookies. Oh so good! They taste like gourmet gluten-free macaroons, and I didn’t even add any coconut!
- USDA Certified Organic
- Coconuts are used fresh (within 24-48 hours of harvest).
- Gold Label is made by hand
- Their Gold Label Coconut oil was tested by a professor in Philippines to have 2 times the amount of antioxidants than any other coconut oil on the market.
You will be able to acquire a complimentary copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book by taking part in their Referral Program. When you choose “Referred by a Friend” and enter my user ID: 7342685 on your first online order, and the book will be automatically added to your order.
If you do place an order, currently they are offering $5.00 off shipping using this code: 210311.
THE GLUTEN-FREE GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive the following:
- One 32 oz. jar of Tropical Traditions Virgin Gold Label Coconut Oil!
How to Enter
- Comment on this post requesting to be entered in the giveaway and tell us why you why to enter. (mandatory)
Ways of Entering Additional Times
Tell us what extra things you have done below in your comment:
- Like “Gluten Free Carla” on Facebook Page and tell me you did so by stating so and leave your FB name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Share this page on Facebook either by using the link above or by clicking “share” on Facebook below; and leave a separate comment below stating what you did. (1 extra entry)
- Follow me on Twitter “GFrecipebox” and leave me your Twitter name in a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Retweet this post dated March 16, 2011 on Twitter from “GFrecipebox“ by using “RT @GFrecipebox” in your tweet and leave me a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
- Leave a comment on any other post on this site, limit two, and state what you did below, in a separate comment. Other giveaways do not count. (1 extra entry for each comment)
- Share this on any of the 328 social net works by clicking the share button below and leave a separate comment below for each share you did. (1 extra entry for each share).
- “Like” Tropical Traditions on Facebook and leave a separate comment below with your Facebook user name. (1 extra entry)
- Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter (@troptraditions) and leave a separate comment below with your Twitter user name. (1 extra entry)
- Sign up for the Tropical Traditions Sales Newsletter and enter a separate comment below. (1 extra entry)
What you should know
- Giveaway ends at 11:59 pm PST on April 2, 2011.
- The winner will have until 11:59pm PST on April 5, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with their U.S. shipping address and phone number. If they do not respond within that time period of time, a new winner will be chosen. Therefore, use an email address you check often or check back to this site on April 3, 2011 to view the winner announcement. The winner’s shipping address, phone number and email address will be kept confidential between us and Tropical Traditions.
- The name of the winner will be announced on this page, right below this line, on April 3, 2011.
Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.
And the winner is…
Kathryn has until 11:59pm PST on April 5, 2011 to reply to the winner’s notification email to supply us with her U.S. shipping address and phone number. If she does not respond within that time period of time a new winner will be chosen.
The winner was chosen at random, using Random.org: