BJ’s Restaurant Brewhouse makes an incredibly popular dessert called Pizookie, (pizza cookie). See my gluten free pizookie recipe below.) It is a warm, gooey, fresh-baked cookie served in a baking tin, topped with a double scoop of ice cream. You have a choice of several different cookies topped with your choice of ice cream. Most people either have to save room for this decadent dessert or many share it with others because it is such a large portion. Many people go to BJ’s because of this dessert! That’s how good it is! Be careful, though! It’s so good you may not notice you’ve eaten too much until it’s too late!
UPDATE – August 9, 2011: BJ’s now serves a chocolate chip gluten-free pizookie! Hurray!
To create this recipe I started out with my gluten free double chocolate chip cookie recipe and tweaked it a bit to make it chewy. Oh my! Knowing how sinful these cookies are I topped mine with raw chocolate ice cream.
A homemade recipe for BJ's Bar and Grill's Gluten Free Pizookie: a warm, fresh-baked cookie topped with ice cream. Just scrumptious!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a ramekin, one about 4 inches wide at the bottom, with oil. Shallow ramekins usually used for creme brulée work great, too.
- Spread 1/4 cup cookie dough onto the bottom of the ramekin.
- With a butter knife or your finger tips push the dough away from the edge of the ramekin.
- Bake in oven for about 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven; top with 2 scoops of ice cream.
- Serve warm.
- With the rest of the cookie dough set it in the frig and make cookies the next day or make the cookies before or after you make the pizookie.
You can substitute the chocolate chips and nuts for chunks of gluten-free white chocolate or the walnuts for macadamia nuts, etc.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.