King Soba is my favorite and the only manufacturer that I know of that makes gluten free soba noodles. Now, they offer gluten free ramen! And the brown rice variety is amazing; better than gluten ramen, to me. However, it does not include a flavor packet. So, I had fun creating this easy hot & sour soup recipe using their ramen. It’s perfect for those who do not appreciate mushrooms. Also, check out my recipe for Traditional Gluten Free Hot & Sour Soup.
They also offer black rice, buckwheat, and a variety pack. I’ve made this same soup using their buckwheat ramen. They cook a bit faster and have a unique flavor that I also enjoy.
Easy Gluten Free Hot & Sour Soup with Ramen
An easy and fast gluten free hot & sour soup using an amazing gluten free ramen. Make the traditional soup or easy mushroom-free recipe. Both are yummy.
- 1 cake King Soba Organic Brown Rice Ramen
- 7 ounces (scant 1 cup) gluten-free beef or chicken broth (I use Better Than Bouillon)
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free reduced-sodium soy or tamari sauce (I use San-J Tamari)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (more if you wish it to be more soup)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon, or to taste red hot chili oil or 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger (or both if you like it really hot) (optional for kids or non-spicy eaters)
- 1/4 cup cooked vegetables, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 2 ounces cooked meat or poultry (optional)
- Thinly sliced green onion, for garnish
- Bring a quart of water to a boil. Add ramen and lower heat to a medium-low boil. After about 4 minutes, loosen the noodles. They will stick together at the ends. That's okay. Continue to boil for 5 minutes and loosen them more. (I cook them 5 minutes because like them soft, not al dente/chewy.) Once cooked, drain and add to a bowl.
- In the same saucepan, add broth, soy/tamari sauce, vinegar, and oil. Stir until combined and cook until warm. Add meat and/or veggies to the broth to heat, if necessary, Then pour the broth over the noodles, add the meat and/or veggies and serve immediately.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onion (whites and/or greens)
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.