Are two of your favorite desserts cheesecake and tiramisu? Make this gluten free tiramisu cheesecake and you’ll hear lots of, “OMG!” – “This is to die for!” and “I love you!” Then as they go for seconds, you’ll hear, “Are you trying to make me gain weight?” Meanwhile, I hope you feel the same way about this recipe. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Tiramisu Cheesecake
A decadent cheesecake with all of the flavors of tiramisu. This will knock the socks off all of your guest!
For the Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 recipe Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free cocoa powder (Hershey's)
- For the Chocolate Layer:
- 1 recipe Chocolate Ganache using milk or semi-sweet GF chocolate + using 1 cup cream
For the Cheesecake Layer:
- 8 oz. gluten free cream cheese (Philadelphia)
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten free cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 envelope KNOX unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
For the Top Layer:
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons gluten free Dutch processed cocoa powder (Rodelle brand) or unsweetened cocoa powder (Ghirardelli or Hershey's), for dusting/garnish
To Make the Crust:
- Follow the instructions at the above link to make the graham cracker crust, but add cocoa powder to the dry ingredients.
To Make the Chocolate Ganche Layer:
- Make the chocolate ganache, but double the amount to cream to 1 cup; and add 1 teaspoon instant coffee when you heat the cream.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- Add the unflavored gelatin to the room temperature water, stir, and allow to rest for 1 minute.
- Add the boiling water and stir. Set aside to cool.
- To the bowl of your mixer, add softened cream cheese. Beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and cocoa powder; and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Pour in the cream and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add the gelatin mixture and beat until combined.
- Scoop this mixture into the cooled pie crust and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Adding the Last Layer:
- Once cream cheese mixture sets, pour the chocolate ganache on top. Chill until ready to serve. Remove the outer ring from the spring-form pan. Sift cocoa powder on top. Refrigerated until ready to serve.
Dairy-Free Substitutes Include:
Tofutti or Follow Your Heart Cream Cheese
Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
Canned Coconut Milk instead of heavy cream
Earth Balance buttery spread
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.