Cooking breakfast is simple when you look at each individual dish. However, timing it so that the eggs, toast, potatoes and bacon are all cooked at the same time and warm, can be difficult. The solution? A new method of cooking bacon…baking. If you are wondering how to bake bacon successfully, this is it. I have tried a few methods and temperatures and find the below method to be the most successful for crisp bacon.
When you have a lot of bacon to make or there isn’t enough room on the stove to make it, bake it instead! It doesn’t splatter all over, making clean up a little more bearable. The bacon turns out perfectly crisp.
Bake crisp bacon, gluten free, of course, and have everything ready at once.
- 6 slices gluten free bacon (Hormel Black Label, Jones Dairy Farm, or Applegate (natural))
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add slices of bacon to a broiling pan.
- Bake on center shelf of the oven for 20 minutes, turning over once mid-cooking.
- Increase temperature to 400°F. Bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pat excess grease from slices of bacon. Serve immediately.
For thick bacon, you may need to lengthen baking times.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.