You don’t have to have a Cesar salad to use Parmesan on a salad. This naturally gluten free Parmesan dressing recipe is perfect for almost any salad. It compliments Italian dishes extremely well and is delicious.
Links You May Need:
Parmesan Dressing Recipe
When you want to add amazing flavor to a plain salad, make and serve this homemade Parmesan dressing recipe. It will keep your guests guessing and happy.
- -1/2 cup mayonnaise See homemade link above
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup recipe link above
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon large flake nutritional yeast
- 2-1/2 teaspoons lactic acid
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary crush between hands
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme crushed between hands
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano crushed between hands
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil crushed between hands
- 1/8 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese or more to your liking, up to 1/2 cup)
If you’re making homemade mayonnaise, do so using the above link.
Place the mayonnaise into a medium-sized bowl. Add water, simple syrup, lemon juice, and cashew butter. Cream everything together using a handheld/immersion blender.
Evenly distribute the nutritional yeast, lactic acid, garlic powder, salt, xanthan gum, rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, and white pepper. Using the handheld blender, combine the dry ingredients into the wet.
Add the Parmesan cheese and blend until thoroughly combined.
Taste test and season again to your liking. If anything is too strong, just water it down by adding more water and gum to meet your desired thickness and season to taste.
Transfer to a clean empty mayonnaise or ketchup bottle or similar container. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Serve on individual salads or try adding a little bit to the bottom of a large bowl along with a little oil or water, mix together, add salad, and toss until everything is lightly coated.