When I have my family over, they usually request that I make Chocolate Almond Brittle and Gluten Free Graham Crackers. They’re all gluten-eaters! As we all get older, brittle gets stick in our teeth, though it never stops me! So, as a substitute, I created a similar recipe to the chocolate brittle using graham crackers. You can use any nuts you desire. I’ve chosen walnuts today, as they’re my favorite. You can omit the nuts altogether and substitute them with a sprinkle of vanilla bean flake sea salt. It gives it that chocolate-covered pretzel vibe. Enjoy!
Chocolate Covered Gluten Free Graham Crackers
When you have a craving for chocolate, avoid the high-sugar brittle and make this delicious alternative, chocolate and nut covered gluten free graham crackers. You can never have enough on hand.
- 1 recipe Gluten Free Graham Crackers
- 1 (10-ounce) bag of gluten-free chocolate chips (milk, semi-sweet, or dark) (such as Nestle's)
- Chopped nuts, crushed gluten-free pretzels, or vanilla flake sea salt
- Make the graham crackers as instructed in the link above, but do not slice the dough. However, do poke holes in the dough using a large fork.
- As soon as the graham crackers are done baking, sprinkle the chocolate chips on the top, and using a frosting spatula or butter knife, spread the chocolate onto the graham crackers so that they melt. Sprinkle the top with finely chopped nuts, crushed pretzels, or lightly sprinkle with vanilla flake sea salt. Set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, slice into pieces and serve.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.