Not everyone heals by going gluten-free alone. If your symptoms persist, try going dairy-free as well. Using this dairy free ricotta cheese recipe is a step in the right direction. I tested this recipe alongside real ricotta cheese and the only difference was that the homemade version had a little more flavor to it. It’s simply delicious!
Homemade Dairy Free Ricotta Cheese Recipe (Gluten Free)
A smooth homemade cheesy gluten-free and dairy-free ricotta cheese recipe. You may never go back to dairy ricotta even if you don't need dairy-free. Use in lasagna or to top pizza.
- 8 ounces cubed extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 2 to 3 teaspoons nutritional yeast (gluten-free)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons neutral-flavored oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt, as desired
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor. Start with only 1/8 teaspoon of salt and add more if desired. Using 1/4 cup cashews makes a substitute for whole milk dairy ricotta cheese. To create a lower-fat version, use as little as 2 tablespoons of cashews. Using 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast creates a little more cheesy flavor than traditional ricotta. You may begin by adding only 2 teaspoons, and then an additional teaspoon if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate to store. Use in lasagna, cannoli filling, and on pizza.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.