Last Updated on
If you enjoy the flavor of matcha tea, you’ll love this dairy free matcha pudding. It tastes great with a garnish of grated dark chocolate or chocolate chips. While it is made with coconut milk, it contains no coconut flavor. Its rich and creamy texture and slight almond flavor just may pique the curiosity of non-matcha tea drinkers.
Dairy Free Matcha Pudding
- 1 (14-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk (Thai Kitchen)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- Sweetener of choice I used 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup - Lundberg's and 20 drops liquid stevia (Trader Joe's Organic
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
Whisk together the coconut milk, arrowroot powder, and matcha powder in a cold saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring frequently. Cook for 2 minutes more, stirring constantly, and until thick.
Pour into three ramekins and bring to room temperature. Cover directly over the pudding and refrigerate to chill. Serve with shavings of dark chocolate or as desired.