We had a couple of guests for an early dinner on New Year’s Day. I ran out of time and hadn’t made any dessert. So, right after dinner I began experimenting with a quick chocolate mousse recipe and whipped up one that I will make again and again. I was so pleased and so were our guests. They were gluten-eating guests, but one loved it so much, she cleaned the mixing bowl. Enjoy!
Easy Gluten Free Chocolate Mousse in 5 Minutes
A gluten free chocolate mousse recipe that you can make in 5 minutes and serve immediately.
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure/gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure/gluten-free almond extract (optional)
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of your electric mixer in the order listed. Beat on high speed until the mixture reaches stiff peaks, about 4 minutes, depending upon the power of your mixer. Add more whipping cream to thin/soften, as desired.
The almond extract tastes similar to Amaretto, an almond liqueur. I use it as a gluten free substitute for Amaretto.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.