Last Updated on
What’s better than bacon in your pancakes? Almond flour! Using my new Gluten Free Almond Flour Blend gives these pancakes a boost in flavor and more protein! These delightful rounds are also tender and fluffy. I’m serving them for Father’s Day. How will you use this recipe?
Do I Have to Use Rings?
No. You do not have to use English muffin rings or the rings from mini springform pans. You may simply scoop the thick batter into the skillet and flatten a little.
Link You’ll Need:
Gluten Free Bacon Pancakes
- 1-1/4 cups + 1 tablespoon nonfat milk (or dairy free substitute)
- 2-1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled (or neutral-flavored oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups Gluten Free Almond Flour Blend (or Mama's Almond Flour Blend)
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons scant* baking soda
- 1-3/4 teaspoons guar gum (or approx. 1-1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum)
- 2-1/4 teaspoons gluten free baking powder Rumford's or Featherweight for corn-free
- 1/4 cup gluten free bacon bits Hormel Real Bacon Bits
Liberally oil the inside of six English muffin rings or the rings only from six 4-inch springform pans; set aside.
Combine the milk and vinegar; set aside to thicken for 10 minutes or longer.
In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: almond flour blend, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, guar gum,
Add the eggs and vanilla to the milk-vinegar mixture and whisk until combined. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine until all of
the dry ingredients are moist. Then, stir in the bacon bits.
Preheat a large, nonstick, electric skillet or two or more large nonstick skillets over medium (350ºF) heat. Add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the rings and distribute about 1/3 cup of batter into each ring, spreading to fill the entire bottom of the ring. Lower heat to medium-low (250ºF). Cover and fry for about 7 minutes or until the tops have a matte finish (no longer shiny). Loosen the ring using a butter knife and remove. Turn the pancakes over and cook an additional 3 minutes or until they spring back when lightly touched.)
Transfer to plates stacked in twos or threes. Top with a pat of butter and gluten free syrup of choice.
*Scant = a little less than