My husband asked me to make chili, but of course, I had to find something new and unique to do with the chili besides plopping it in a bowl, though he loves it that way. Some people make Mexican lasagna with tortillas, refried beans and ground beef. Why not make a chili lasagna instead, gluten free, of course!? Hope you like it. If you cannot find gluten-free tortillas you can either make Gluten-free Soft Corn Tortillas or Low-sodium Gluten-free Tortillas. Enjoy!
I used a 9×9 glass baking pan for this recipe. You will need to judge the amounts of ingredients according to the size baking dish you use and the size of your tortillas.
Gluten-Free Chili Lasagna
An amazing twist on lasagna by the use of gluten free tortillas, chili and cheese alone. How easy is that?
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray or oil a baking dish.
- Layer the bottom of a 9x9 inch casserole dish with tortillas, ripping apart tortillas in order to fill in the spaces to cover the entire bottom.
- Layer with chili and sprinkle with a little cheese.
- Add another layer of tortillas and topping with a little cheese.
- Add one more layer of tortillas and top only with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese has melted or place under the broiler for a browner crust. I do not recommend using the microwave, as it depletes food from majority of its nutrients.
Make sure your chili is saucy enough because the tortillas will absorb a lot of the juices. If you chili is really thick I suggest using thicker layers of chili to prevent dryness. You can also thin your chili by adding a little chicken broth.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.