You can tailor this frosting to your liking. If you enjoy plenty of tanginess, add some lemon zest. When using to frost a chocolate cake, add vanilla extract. Either way, it makes for a delicious frosting.
I recently used this frosting for my gluten free chocolate cake, and everyone loved it. Of course, it also goes great with my gluten free carrot cake or gluten free dark chocolate cupcakes.
This recipe is available to everyone.
Creamiest Gluten Free Cream Cheese Frosting
A rich, creamy gluten free cream cheese frosting for your favorite cakes, cupcakes, and cookies.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, near room temperature (or Earth Balance Buttery Spread)
- 11 ounces gluten-free cream cheese, near room temperature (Philadelphia brand or try Tofutti or Daiya, for dairy-free)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted, or as needed (or Trader Joe's Organic Powdered Sugar for corn-free)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, grated lemon zest (bright yellow skin only), or pure vanilla extract
- In the bowl of your mixer, whip the butter and cream cheese on high speed until fluffy.
- Sift in confectioners’ sugar; mix on low speed until creamy. Add additional confectioners’ sugar to your liking to create stiff frosting, which makes decorating easier.
- Add lemon juice, zest, or extract. Beat on low speed until thoroughly combined. Use this frosting on cooled cakes, cupcakes, and cookies.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.