This is my version of Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake. This gluten free chocolate cake recipe; however, is moister. I knew it would be a very moist cake just by reading the recipe. That’s the way my husband and I like our chocolate cake, rich and very moist! I told him that I was going to call this my chocolate mud cake; however, mud cakes are traditionally very gooey. I wish you were here to help us eat this huge cake!
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
There are two cakes that I couldn't possibly live without, this gluten free chocolate cake and my carrot cake. I'm sure you'll feel the same way, as well.
To Make the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Oil two 8-inch round cake pans and dust with superfine rice flour; set aside.
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine the self-rising flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add milk, oil, and eggs. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Add boiling water and mix on low speed until well blended. Add vanilla and beat on low for a few seconds.
- Distribute batter evenly between the two prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and cool for 10 - 15 minutes in pan. Remove from pan by turning it upside down onto your hand. Then transfer, bottom side down, to a wire rack. Allow to completely cool. Frost with your desired frosting.
All oven temperatures vary. If your cake layers develop mounds in the center, next time bake at 325°F for 5 - 10 minutes longer. To remove domed areas, slice off a thin layer like professional bakers do.
To turn this into a devil's food cake, add 1 tablespoon of instant coffee to the dry mixture. Be sure your instant coffee is gluten free. Cross contamination can be an issue of some instant coffee brands.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
You may also be interested in the Gluten Free Cake Recipes category.