Agave nectar/syrup is a perfect way to lower your sugar intake slightly. It affects your blood sugar slower than granulated sugar. This naturally gluten free, agave caramel sauce is now a less guilty pleasure. Top ice cream and other desserts as well as fill candy. Enjoy!
A creamy, buttery, caramel sauce that can be made thicker to use as caramel in candy, or as is to top and fill gluten free desserts.
- 1 cup amber (dark) agave nectar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 10 Tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- Add the agave nectar, cream and salt to a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring it to a boil and boil about 4 1/2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the butter.
- Pour the caramel sauce into a heatproof container and allow it to cool.
- Top your favorite desserts or use as a filling. Refrigerate leftovers covered and reheat in microwave on a low temperature.
To make chewy agave caramel the consistency of candy use half the amount of butter.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.