I’ have eaten two amazing pound cakes in my life. This gluten free cream cheese pound cake is one of them. The other is the Gluten Free Bundt Pound Cake, which is lighter.
I had originally created a gluten free sour cream pound cake recipe for another website client of mine, but they temporarily removed it from their site while building another website. One of my Facebook followers was frantically searching for it as it is her family’s favorite recipe. So, I have created this recipe for her. I hope you enjoy it just as much we have.
A delicious and moist gluten free pound cake using cream cheese as the key ingredient.
- 2 cups Carla's Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 Tablespoons (1-1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature and softened
- 4 oz. gluten-free cream cheese, at room temperature and softened
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk (I used 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream mixed with 3 tablespoons nonfat milk)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 zest of lemon (optional)
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- Cooking oil or gluten-free spray oil, for pan
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3-1/2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (or milk)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Oil a 9 x 5-inch non-stick loaf pan and dust with flour.
- Whisk together the flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with its paddle attachment, cream the butter and cream cheese together on medium speed until smooth, scraping bowl at least once midway mixing.
- Beat in the sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, on medium speed until fluffy, 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and if using, lemon zest. Beat on low speed to combine.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, as needed.
- Sift one-third of the flour mixture at a time into the batter, beating after each addition and scraping bowl.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan, and distribute evenly.
- Bake on center rack of the preheated oven until the center no longer jiggles, about 65 minutes. Test for doneness every 5 minutes after it bakes for 55 minutes. To test it, insert a skewer near the center. When you remove it and it comes out clean, continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and transfer it directly to the wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve within 24 hours or slice, wrap in individual servings in plastic wrap, and freeze in a gallon-sized storage bag. Defrost frozen slices at room temperature.
- Whisk together the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice (or milk, if not making a lemon pound cake) until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over the top of the cake and allow it to drip down the sides.
To prevent cracking, bake at a lower temperature for a longer period of time.
3 Replies to “Gluten Free Cream Cheese Pound Cake”
Is there a reason that I now see xanthan gum omitted from this recipe? It appeared in the original recipe from your site. No nothing else appears to have been changed
This recipe never listed xanthan gum. It calls for my recipe for Carla’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend which includes xanthan gum (click on red link with that tittle). There, you will discover how much xanthan gum I use in the flour blend recipe. However, the flour blend recipe calls for superfine rice flour and makes a total of 4-1/2 cups. You can use the leftover flour for hundreds of recipes on this site.
Not only does this sound delicious… the photo is amazing! Can’t wait to try this recipe, thanks for sharing <3