Last Updated on
(Continued from Page 1)
Items are continuously added to this gluten free products list. Bookmark it to check back or use as a reference. While not all products are 100% gluten free, the ones listed below are known to be under 20 ppm (parts per million) gluten. The products listed below were considered gluten free the last time they were checked. Please read all labels before consuming if you are gluten intolerant. If you’d like to learn about the different certification labels and what they mean, visit Page 1.
- Mediterranean Snack Food Company’s Lentil Chips: sea salt, sea salt and cracked pepper, and cucumber dill
- Pik-Nik Original Shoestring Potatoes
- Lay’s Potato Chips (see their allergen list)
- Flamous Falafel Chips, Dips & Dressings (Certified Gluten-Free and dedicated gluten-free facility, non-GMO)
- Mission corn tortilla chips (dedicated gluten-free lines, prevention of cross-contamination, but made in a facility that processes wheat)
- Frito Lay – See their long list of snacks/chips that are gluten free (less than 20 ppm).
- Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows (see Kraft’s gluten-free statement)
- Plush Puffs – gourmet marshmallows
- Mary’s Gone Crackers I have tasted all of their products. They’re gourmet and awesome!
- Schar’s – Snack crackers, table crackers, cheese bites and breadsticks – see all Schar’s gluten-free products
- Crunchmaster’s crackers
- Glutino’s crackers
Gluten-Free Kid Snacks
- Kellogg’s Fruit Flavored Snacks are made gluten-free, but are manufactured in a facility which processes wheat products.
- Marshmallows: Campfire
Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
- Udi’s – great gluten-free products! (see photo)
- The Gluten Free Bistro Pizza Crust (tested for gluten at 0% so far; not made in a gf facility or line)
- Orgran Pizza and Pastry Mix
Cultural Food Products
- Tasty Bite Indian Food – see their gluten free product list
- Miso (gluten-free miso, not made with barley) check for cross contamination
Gluten-Free Chocolate Bars
- See Gluten-Free Candy List
- Enjoy Life Foods – Dairy-free and gluten-free – The Crispy Rice Bar is my fave! – also comes in rice milk and dark chocolate. Check out all their gluten-free products!
- Make your own walnut butter of peanut butter cups: https://glutenfreerecipebox.com/walnut-butter-cups
- Costco and Sam’s Club Rotisserie Chickens are gluten-free!
- Coleman Natural® Beef Hot Dog (gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, no MSG)
- Hempler’s Uncured Beef Wieners (gluten-free, no MSG, no nitrates, no fillers; made from beef that has only been fed a vegetarian diet without hormones or feed antibiotics).
- Hormel lunch meats and refrigerated meats and more Hormel’s Gluten Free Product List
- Manufacturers which clearly disclose gluten are: Oscar Mayer, Hormel and Kraft and others.
- Empire Kosher
- Gluten Free Ham List
- Gluten Free Turkey List
Instant Mashed Potatoes
- Betty Crocker Potato Buds
- Walmart’s Great Value Brand Mashed Potatoes
In choosing an ice cream, skip the ones with cookies, brownies, candy, and similar toppings and read ingredients.
Spices and Seasonings
- Some spices contain wheat. Please read all ingredient labels prior to use.
- All herbs are gluten-free.
- Mrs. Dash
- McCormick (unless otherwise stated in the ingredients) They clearly list gluten ingredients (Ex: “maltodextrin (wheat)”.
- Margarine: Some of the brand that are gluten-free include, Earth Balance Buttery Spreads (dairy-free), Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks and Spread, Harvest Award Olive Oil Buttery Spread (dairy-free), Mother’s, Nature’s Promise Organic, Smart Balance, and Wegmans.
- note that Earth Balance is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, GMO-free, but many of their products contain soy. One is now soy-free, but contains corn.
- Sour cream: some are gluten-free, though all are not. The ones which are labeled “light” are usually thickened with gluten. Again, check labels.
- Cream cheese: Philadelphia (see Kraft Foods gluten-free list for Australia) Kraft lists all gluten ingredients on their labels.
- Cottage cheese: check labels and with manufacturers
- Organic Valley – See their gluten free product list.
- Blue cheese: Marin French Cheese Factory, Maytag blue cheese, Pt. Reyes blue cheese, Rosenborg blue cheese, and Paladin MonSalvat blue cheese.
- Gorgonzola cheese: BelGioso
Stoneyfield Farm (most are certified gluten free)
Yoplait – (See the General Mills Gluten Free Products List for which Yoplait yogurts are listed as gluten free at the time of this writing.)
Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk
Kellogg’s Eggo Syrup
- Trader Joe’s Refreshers
- Coca Cola
- V8 Juice
- Hansen’s Sodas
- Vitamin Water®
- Metromint (was told so by a rep at a trade show)
Liquor, Beer and Wine
All distilled spirits are considered gluten-free despite whether or not they are derived from gluten sources. However, if you are one to avoid the gluten distilled spirits you may find these helpful:
- Potato Vodka Brands: Chopin, Viking Fjord and Rocky Mountain
- Gluten-free Beer from the U.S. (some made from gluten-free ingredients and some are not, but have had the gluten ingredients processed out, which may leave 20 ppm or less): Bards Tale Dragons Gold, New Grist, Passover Honey Beer, Redbridge; Sorghum Molasses Brown, Tread Lightly Ale and 3R Raspberry Ale,
- Red and white wines
- Gluten Free Beer List
Coffee, Creamers and Syrups
- Coffee is gluten-free, as long as it is not pre-flavored. Watch for cross-contamination.
- Instant Coffee: Taster’s Choice
- Gluten-free Flavorings for your cappuccino, latte, etc.
- Coffee-mate both powder and liquid (no cross-contaminates)
- International Delight
- DaVinci Gourmet Syrups except for their Dulce de Leche Sugar Free Syrup.
- Bigelow with the exception of Blueberry Harvest Herb Tea, Chamomile Mango Herb Tea and Cinnamon Spice Herb Tea (previously called Sinfully Cinnamon Herb Tea). Though these teas contain barley malt, when tested they showed no signs of gluten. All of the other teas are naturally gluten- free.
When eating ice cream out you must watch for cross-contamination on their ice cream scoopers. Some ice cream flavors contain gluten when they contain such things as brownies, cookies, etc. Many ice cream shops list the major allergens which contain wheat, but not barley, rye or oats.
- Coldstone has many gluten-free toppings, but, again, watch out for cross-contamination on their cutting board and scoopers.
- Trader Joe’s gluten-free ice cream and frozen desserts
- Wendy’s Frosty (see their list of gluten-free flavors)
- TCBY – see TCBY’s list of ingredients (note: cellulose gum is a gluten-free ingredient)
- See the Gluten-free Candy List
- See the Gluten-free Fast Food List
Cold Cuts, Hot Dogs, Sausage & Bacon
- Applegate: deli meat, hot dogs, burgers, bacon, and cold cuts (including gluten-free salami and corndogs) are gluten, casein free and added nitrate-free.
- Hormel’s Gluten-Free List: Hormel Black Label Bacon, Natural Choice Cold Cuts, and more
- NY Style® Italian sausages
- Open Nature – nitrate free/uncured, no added hormones, antibiotic-free, (Safeway and Von’s): five of their six chicken sausages are gluten free certified; bacon and hot dogs are made in a facility that also processes gluten products)
- Jennie-O Turkey Store® Fresh Dinner Sausage: Sweet Italian, Hot Italian, Lean Turkey Bratwurst
- Johnsonville® Italian sausages (sausages are marked dairy-free on their website, but when I called about their Italian sausages they stated it had no gluten. Most of their sausages contain MSG & BHA.) See the article about MSG & gluten intolerance.
- Hillshire Farms has gluten-free sausages.
- Jones Dairy Farm – gluten-free all natural pork and turkey sausage and Canadian, bacon to hams, traditional bacon and liverwurst – approximately 50 items.
- Boarshead cheeses, mayo/mustard spreads, and delicatessen meats are all gluten-free.)
- Plainville Farms (also antibotic-free)
- Raley’s oven roasted turkey breast
- Sugardale – See their gluten free statement [page no longer found]
- Saladino’s – No preservatives; no MSG
Premade Baked Goods
- Katz Gluten Free (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free Facility)
- Kinnikinnick (Gluten-free and Nut-free Facility)
- Pamela’s Products (Gluten-free Facility)
- The Gluten Free Bistro
- Rudi’s (Certified Gluten-free (GFCO), made on Gluten-free Lines, separate manufacturing days)
- Shabtai Gourmet
- Udi’s (Gluten-free Facility)
- Glutino (snacks, mixes, baked goods) (products are independently tested under 20 ppm)
Hormel Country Crock: Cheddar Broccoli Rice, Cinnamon Apples, Garlic Mashed
Potatoes, Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Home style Mashed Potatoes, Mashed Sweet
Potatoes, Bacon-Ranch Mashed Potatoes, Au Gratin Potatoes & Bacon, Cheesy Diced Potatoes
Bullion, Broths, Soups and Other Canned/Premade Food
- Progresso broth
- Progresso Gluten Free Soups: The ones labeled gluten-free: Vegetable Classics Creamy Mushroom, New England Clam Chowder (regular, 99% fat-free and rich & hearty varieties), Potato Broccoli and Cheese Chowder, Traditional Manhattan Clam Chowder, Chicken Cheese Enchilada
- Mixes From the Heartland Soup Mixes
- Better Than Bullion
- Campbell’s Chicken Broth
- Pacific Natural Foods (all broths) (see their gluten free product list)
- Imagine Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth (new label state gluten-free) Contact Imagine Foods regarding other versions
- Herb-Ox Bullion: Beef, Chicken, Vegetable, Garlic Chicken Cubes (see the Hormel Foods Gluten-free List)
- Campbell’s Gluten-free Soups and Broths (see Campbell’s Gluten-free Product list for broths and Prego sauce)
- Hormel Microwaveable Cup Bean & Ham Soup
- Hormel Microwaveable Cup Chicken With Vegetables & Rice Soup (see all Hormel Gluten Free Product List including chili)
- Reduced Fat Buitoni Pesto with Basil (per email)
Gluten Free Mayonnaise
- Most Twinlab supplements (not brewest yeast, etc.) Call on each one to make sure: (800) 645-5626. (Their sports line, Fuel, is not gluten-free due to possible cross-contamination issues.)
- Trader Joe’s brand (except for Very Green Drink Powder, Very Green Capsules, and Chocolate Whey Quick Dissolve Protein Powder, and Vanilla Whey Quick Dissolve Protein Powder)
Grocery Store Gluten-free Lists: (Note: These grocery store lists do not always take cross-contamination into account.)
- Giant Eagle GF List or Giant Eagle’s GF Online Shopping
- Publix Gluten Free List
- Safeway (Safeway, Von’s and Randalls now have little tags on their shelf (look for the brown tags for gluten-free items).
- Trader Joe’s Gluten Free List
- Walmart Online Gluten Free Shopping Also see the Great Value brands gluten-free list.