Last Updated on
I thought I would provide you with a gluten free turkey list, as it is that time of year again, and the question about which turkeys are gluten free are starting to arise. Ensure you read all of the labels on products you use this holiday season for your gluten free recipes, as ingredients change often. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Note: If your brand is not listed, watch for any term containing the word “starch” or “dextrin”. If the ingredient label contains any of these words, check with the manufacturing prior to consuming/purchasing.
2014 – Always check with the manufacturer whether any solution that the turkey is injected with does not include gluten. They usually use broth which may contain gluten.
I have not updated this list lately; however, I make notes when people update me. It’s a good place to start and then you can visit the manufacturer’s site or call them.
Popular Brand, Gluten Free Turkey List
- Butterball (The new gravy packets have been reformulated to eliminate gluten, but check labels to ensure the item is the latest. It will be clearly marked. (Update 2016: Their stuffed turkeys are NOT gluten free.)
- Foster Farms (2016)
- HoneyBaked Turkey Breasts
- Honeysuckle White (free of MSG) – white turkeys and bone-in
- JennieO by Hormel (See their gluten free list here)
- Norbest (also soy-free)
- Perdue – Short Cuts Carved Turkey Breast, Oven Roasted
- Plainville Farms (some are gluten-free – 1-800-724-0206) All are free of antobiotics, MSG, nitrates and other additives.
- Shady Brook Farms (free of MSG) – basted, 3% basted, not basted)
- Wellshire Farms Turkey Ham – See their allergen database
Organic, Free Range, Gluten Free Turkey List
Kosher, Gluten Free Turkey List