Several weeks ago I discovered a salad dressing (do not recall where) and thought to myself, “Wow, I bet I can make a Greek yogurt salad dressing similar that that and save a ton of calories!” Well, I made it, changed a couple things of around. It needed a bit of sweetness and I was out of red onion, so I add a few pinches of stevia and some onion powder, and voila! – a great gourmet salad dressing!
Gluten Free Non-Fat Gourmet Greek Yogurt Salad Dressing Recipe
A zesty non-fat salad dressing made with Greek yogurt saving on calories and cholesterol.
- 1 cup gluten free non-fat Greek yogurt (I use FAGE brand.)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or 1/8 minced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon or more fine sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free Dijon mustard (I used Grey Poupon brand.)
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 pinches stevia, or to taste
- 2+ Tablespoons filtered water
- Add the Greek yogurt to a small bowl.
- Peel and mince garlic, or grate. Add the salt to the garlic and smash the garlic in between chopping until it forms a paste.
- Add garlic paste, onion powder, sea salt, mustard, water, pepper and stevia to the Greek yogurt and either blend in a tiny food processor or with a small whisk, until thoroughly blended.
- Top your salad off with fresh ground pepper and sea salt, if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.
If you use red onion you may choose to use less stevia, as red onion is bit sweet.
Add additional water if you desire a thinner dressing.
FAGE non-fat Greek yogurt contains 120 calories per cup, versus 90 calories in 1 tablespoon of Best Foods Mayonnaise. You're saving a lot of calories there!
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.