If you’ve been wondering about the difference between golden and red quinoa, there is none, other than the color. In this red quinoa salad, I chose the red variety just to add more color. It’s easy to throw together. You don’t even need a recipe, but I did write down everything so you’d have some ideas on what to use. Be sure to rinse your quinoa. It helps make it perfect. Enjoy!
Red Quinoa Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
A sweet and tangy red quinoa salad recipe that brings color and flavor to your meal.
To make the Salad Dressing:
- In a small stainless steel or other non-reactive saucepan, bring the pomegranate juice to a boil. Lower heat to medium and cook until it reduces to about 1/3 cup. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the burner and add the stir in the sugar, salt, vinegar and oil. Whisk until the sugar melts; and then set it aside to cool.
To Make the Salad:
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly using a fine mesh strainer.
- Cook the red quinoa according to the instructions on its package.
- On four large plates, arrange arugula and top with cooked quinoa, pomegranate seeds and feta cubes.
- Drizzle with your favorite salad dressing.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.