I thought I would provide you all with an up-to-date gluten free turkey list, as it is that time of year again, and the question about which turkeys are gluten free are starting to arise. Ensure you read all of the labels on products you use this holiday season for your gluten free recipes, as ingredients change often. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
I am waiting to hear back on a couple brands. I called my local Von’s (Safeway) store, and the 8% solution that is injected into their Safeway brand turkey lists broth as an ingredient. It is uncertain whether the broth contains gluten or not. The gal from their meat department stated that if it were a gluten-free turkey they would need to separate it from other products. She suggested that I call corporate. I will update this post when I have firm confirmation, either way. Safeway corporate’s phone number is 1-888-SAFEWAY / 1-888-723-3939.
- Butterball (The new gravy packets have been reformulated to eliminate gluten, but check labels to ensure the item is the latest. It will be clearly marked.
- Foster Farms
- Honeysuckle White (free of MSG)
- Norbest (also soy-free)
- Plainville Farms (some are gluten-free – 1-800-724-0206) All are free of antobiotics, MSG, nitrates and other additives.
- Shady Brook Farms (fee of MSG)
- Wellshire Farms (tested at under 10ppm (parts per million)
Organic, Free Range, Gluten Free Turkey List
Kosher, Gluten Free Turkey List
- Aaron’s Gourmet
- Empire Kosher (Kosher for Passover)
Grocery Store Hams
Raley’s – Fire Glazed and Boubon Maple Glazed are not gluten-free, but Butterball and Diestel are gluten-free.
Safeway/Von’s – Per call on 12/8/2011, their Brands Dept. stated all of their turkeys are gluten-free.
Diestel - per reader, she contacted Distel on 11/25/2013, and all of their turkeys are gluten free.