Last Updated on
Mushroom spores are grown on grains, usually rye. However, they can also be grown on wheat or a combination of grains. This means that they contain a trace amount of gluten.
Majority gluten-free dieters do not react to mushrooms. However, the small percentage of individuals who are highly intolerant to gluten, may react.
Washing mushrooms does not help remove the gluten. The gluten grows inside the mushrooms and cannot be removed. It is similar to those with a high intolerance to mold. You wouldn’t serve them anything that has had mold on it.
Consuming mushrooms is just one reason why you may experience a gluten reaction. Have you ever reacted to mushrooms? Tell us all about it in the below comment area. Let us all learn from your experiences..