I have been experimenting with my gluten free naan recipe for my upcoming cookbook. Meanwhile, I already have a recipe for a skillet version on this site. I have added a baked version to the skillet version and explore an additional option in my cookbook, which should be published this fall, Carla’s 125 Best Gluten Free Recipes (including some new recipes, not on this site.) Meanwhile, enjoy this delicious dish!
While mint pairs better with lamb than beef, I used beef since I already had some made in the freezer. You can make the beef stew recipe using lamb instead.
Oven Baked Naan, Beef Stew and Mint Sauce
An amazing soft, baked gluten free naan topped with your favorite meat, (chili beef stew or chicken korma), raw veggies and traditional Indian mint sauce.
- 1 recipe Soft Gluten Free Naan
- 1 recipe Chili Beef Stew using lamb
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped cucumbers
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Mint sauce (below)
- Mint leaves, for garnish
For the Mint Sauce:
- 16 oz. plain gluten free yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Classic Mint Sauce (not jelly)
- 1 teaspoon ground corriander (or 1 Tablespoon fresh, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (or to taste)
- 1/16 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/32 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Make the beef stew recipe or some Chicken Korma
- Make the naan using the baked version.
- Make the mint sauce by whisking together all of the sauce ingredients and chill until ready to use.
- Add meat to naan, top with vegetables and sauce; and serve immediately.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.