When I visited Los Angeles in the past, I loved going to a this little hole in the wall Greek restaurant that served a great cucumber salad with a creamy dill dressing. I had to recreate it! I don’t know why I didn’t years ago. It is wonderful! I did however use green onions instead of yellow onions and I like it much better! They did not use carrots, but I like a little color once in awhile. You can use a gluten-free Greek yogurt or sour cream. Leftovers taste even better!
Cucumber Salad with Creamy Dill Salad Dressing
A cucumber salad with a creamy gluten free dill dressing - a summer fave!
For the Salad
- 1 long cucumbers peeled and sliced thinly, cut in half first, if you like
- 1 green onion sliced thinly and then coarsely chopped
- 2 baby carrots shredded
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup gluten-free sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 - 3 pinches of stevia powder
- 3 pinches of fine sea salt
- 20 turns of fresh ground black pepper
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk until well blended; and refrigerate for at least 1 hour if using for another purpose.
- Whisk again before serving.
- Combine all salad ingredients and toss.
- Refrigerate for one hour.
- Either pour dressing over individual salads or pour over entire salad, toss and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. The salad dressing will expire upon the expiration date of the sour cream/yogurt.
Lemon juice may be substituted for the vinegar, but you may want to reduce the stevia.
If you wish to use this dressing on a salad without onion you may wish to add a little chopped onion to the dressing.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.