If you’re gluten free and looking to shed a few pounds quickly and considering the keto or paleo diet, you’ll absolutely love this bread! It’s so easy to make and tastes buttery just by itself. While almond flour is an ingredient, you’d never know it. The flavors contained in this bread overpower the high amounts of egg that are typically used in keto/paleo bread recipes. I’m imagining this bread would make an awesome grilled cheese or bacon sandwich. Give it a try. I love it and I’m on neither diet.
Check out the video of its texture here.
Easy Low-Carb Gluten Free Bread Recipe (Paleo, Keto, Gum- and Yeast-Free)
A decadent, buttery low-carb gluten free bread that you can use for toast or sandwiches.
- 7 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ghee, browned version, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 cups superfine almond flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a loaf pan (I used a 9 x 4-inch) with parchment paper, allowing at least two sides to overhang so that you can use the paper to remove the bread from the pan.
- Add the eggs to the bowl of your electric mixer. Beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the salt and slowly pour in the melted ghee while beating on medium speed.
- Top the egg mixture with the almond flour and then the baking powder. Beat on medium speed for about 1 minute. Scoop into the prepared pan and bake on the center shelf for 45 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool for at least 30 minutes prior to slicing. Slice the entire loaf, serve immediately and freeze any leftover bread that will not be used within 24 hours.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.