Earth Balance sent me a sample goody package quite awhile ago and I finally got around to developing a recipe using their Creamy Coconut Peanut Butter Spread (also available in crunchy). They are certified gluten free by the Gluten Free Certification Organization (GFCO). I hope you enjoy this flourless coconut peanut butter cookie recipe. The coconut oil and baking soda make them nice and crispy once they cool.
Crunchy Flourless Gluten Free Coconut Peanut Butter Cookies
A crunchy gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe with a surprise, a coconut flavor! It's easy and flourless by using Earth Balance Coconut Peanut Butter Spread.
- Place the Coconut & Peanut Spread in a medium-size bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 cup sugar and baking soda and add it to the bowl of Coconut & Peanut Spread. Stir until well combined.
- In the bowl that you used for the sugar and baking soda, add the egg and beat it until the whites and yolks and mostly combined. Then add it to the spread/sugar mixture.
- Add the vanilla and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide into two.
- Roll each portion into a log and cut into twelve equal portions.
- Roll each slice into a ball, roll into the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and transfer to the cookie sheet.
- Using the tongs of a fork, dipped in sugar, press the pattern into the dough. Using the same fork, dipped in sugar, press into the same cookies but in the opposite direction.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove cookie sheet from the oven and cookies to cool in on sheet for about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack until cool. (If you can wait that long!)
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.