Having had some blueberry sauce leftover from a holiday mini pie that I made for my husband, I whipped up this gluten free blueberry cake. It was delicious and reminds me that Spring is here! You can use any flavor gluten free can pie filling, strawberry, cherry, etc. I provide the two brands that I recommend.
Gluten Free Blueberry Cake
This gluten free blueberry cake consists of buttery yellow cake layered with the best buttercream frosting and sauce from blueberry pie filling.
- Make the cake as directed at the above link. Wrap each layer in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Make the buttercream frosting as instructed at the above link. Spread one layer of cake with a thin layer of frosting. Then spread on a thin layer of blueberry gel.
- Add the second layer of cake on top, flat sides together, and spread the frosting on the sides of the cake, then the top.
- Pipe top edges with decorations that will hold in the pie filling.Spread the blueberry gel on top and
- Spread the blueberry gel on top, keeping it inside the edges.
- Set aside until ready to serve, if serving the same day. Otherwise, freeze the entire cake, and defrost at room temperature.
Add half a lemon's juice and zest to the cake batter and the half to the frosting.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.