In preparation for summer, I decided to start working on a gluten free bread machine recipe, and I’m so glad that I did! I have on old version of the Breadman Ultimate, Model No. TR2200WWC, similar to the TR2200C. If I recall correctly, I purchased it around 2004, well before they made bread machines with a gluten free cycle. One thing great about the Breadman Ultimate series is that they are programmable so that you can skip steps or set the length of time, i.e., the first and second kneads, shape (punch), bake and rise, even add ins. If you have a newer model, perhaps it will turn out well using the gluten free cycle.
UPDATE: One of my recipe testers made this bread in her Hitachi bread machine without a gluten free bread setting. She used the Bread button and “Dark” setting. She stopped the baking cycle when it still had 40 minutes left. She loved it.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 3 hours
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipe: White Bread
A gluten free bread machine recipe for white bread that is simple to make, is full of flavor, and makes a perfect sandwich bread.
- 1-1/2 cups water, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup neutral-flavored oil
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2/3 cup non-fat instant dry milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 2-1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- Add ingredients to the pan of the bread machine in the order in which they are listed.
- Place pan in the bread machine securely.
- If you have an updated model with a gluten-free setting, choose it, or program the machine for White Bread, 2 pounds, and your desired crust color. The exact white bread settings for my machine are (in minutes): Keep Warm: 0; 1st Knead: 5; 2nd Knead: 20; 1st Rise: 40; Punch: 1; 2nd Rise: 24; Shape: 1; 3rd Rise: 50; Bake: 50 minutes = 3 hours, 18 minutes. I have also made it in my Breadman machine which has a gluten-free setting which runs 3 hours.
- Once the first kneading begins, using a rubber spatula, scrape sides and bottom of the pan to help incorporate flour. You won't have to do this again.
- Once it rises, remove the paddle and smooth out the top.
- Once it is done baking, remove pan using pot holders, remove bread from pan, and remove paddle, if you left it in. Immediately transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely, about 2 hours, prior to slicing.
- Slice thinly with a serrated knife, electric knife, or electric slicer. Freeze leftover slices in a resealable storage bag.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
See all Gluten Free Bread Recipes.