Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat to serve at a brunch or to your family, this decadent concoction, will do the trick. Not only can you use chocolate syrup and bananas, but other fruit as well as fruit purees as a sauce. The waffle recipe (see below link) is raved about by many. They’re so light!
Gluten Free Brunch Waffles
Decadence at its best with light gluten free waffles layered with sweetened Greek yogurt and banana slices and topped with chocolate ganache.
- Make the waffles as instructed in the above link. Be sure to cook on a high enough heat to avoid moist centers. If you cook them at a high heat they become super light and delicious. If may take a waffle or two to determine the temperature you should use for your waffle maker.
- Make half a recipe of chocolate ganache as instructed at the recipe in the above link, but double the cream. Instead of using 1/4 cup cream for half a recipe, use 1/2 cup. Add additional cream, as needed to thin. Reheat prior to serving if it sets.
- In a bowl, whisk together the plain yogurt with your sweetener of choice. You can even add jams in place of sweeteners. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Slice the bananas right before serving to prevent browning.
- Add a large scoop of sweetened yogurt to one waffle. Add a few slices of banana. Top with another waffle, and add more slices of banana. Top with the chocolate ganache syrup.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.