On a gluten free diet, or any diet for that matter, there’s nothing more decadent than gluten free ganache! Fortunately, it is naturally gluten-free, as long as you use a gluten free chocolate. It is made from chocolate, whipping cream and vanilla. You may use ganache on any of your gluten free dessert recipes, or prior to cooling, while it is still thin, (or you may thin it out with additional whipping cream) use it as a sauce for plating purposes. It makes a heavenly glaze for cakes, brownies, ice cream, donuts and more, or allow it to harden some and use it as a frosting.
This recipe is available to everyone.
A decadent chocolate ganache for use on cakes, cupcakes, donuts, desserts, or make luscious truffles.
- 1 3/4 cup (11.5 ounces) gluten free semi-sweet, bittersweet, or dark chocolate, not milk chocolate*
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, for truffles and firm cake topping (or 1 cup for sauce)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
If Using Real Chocolate:
- Add chocolate to a bowl; top with vanilla; toss to coat the chocolate with the vanilla.
- Heat whipping cream in a small sauce pan to almost a boil.
- Pour whipping cream over chocolate; stir until well combined; allow to cool.
If Using Chocolate Morsels:
- Add chocolate morsels to a heatproof bowl, add vanilla, toss to combine. Place over saucepan filled with enough water not to touch bowl. Bring water to a boil and then lower to a simmer.
- Scald cream, add to chocolate and stir until melted.
- Set in the refrigerator to cool, at least 15 minutes, usually 2 hours.
- Pour ganache over the top of a cake and spread, allowing to drip down the sides; dip donut tops in ganache; or allow to firm in the refrigerator and make truffles; and so much more.
*As the ganache cools, it will set firmly enough to roll into balls to use to make truffles. If you need it thinner than that such as to top ice cream, double the whipping cream.
Use or gluten free chocolate chips such as Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (the minis are better than the regular as they are made with cocoa butter) and coconut milk.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.