Everyone raves about my Gluten Free Garlic Cheddar Biscuits. So, I was trying to think what could top those. Bacon, of course! I omitted the garlic flavor in this recipe though you may add it back if desired. The bacon and cheddar cheese alone do these biscuits justice. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Cheddar and Bacon Biscuits
This recipe is a twist on my garlic cheddar biscuits that are much like the ones you get a Red Lobster. However, instead of garlic flavor, I use bacon. Oh yeah!
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, for pan
- 2 cups Carla's Gluten Free Bisquick® Recipe
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup (2 ounces) small pieces of cheddar cheese (or shredded)
- 5 slices crisp gluten-free bacon (Applegate Sunday Breakfast or Hormel Natural Choice or Black Label), chopped
- 2 extra-large eggs (or 2 large), at room temperature
- 1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Add the Bisquick flour blend to a bowl. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add buttermilk, cheese, bacon, and eggs. Stir gently until a soft dough forms.
- Drop 1/3 cups of dough into each ungreased muffin tin.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Baste the tops with egg wash. Continue to bake for an additional 5 – 8 minutes or until golden brown.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.