The holidays and other special occasions don’t have to be fattening or unhealthy. Try this gluten free low-fat cheesecake. It’s a healthier choice, yet it’s delicious. Make a traditional graham cracker crust that everyone will swear is not gluten free, or make a lower-fat version. They’re both delicious!
Gluten Free Lower-Fat Cheesecake
Experience all of that creamy cheesecake texture with an incredible, gluten-like graham cracker crust without all of the fat and calories.
To Make the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.Make the graham crackers as instructed in the recipe at the above link. Once cool, crush them in a plastic bag using a heavy glass or rolling pin. You can also crush them using a food processor.
- You can make the graham cracker crust using butter as instructed in the link; or you can combine the crumbs with milk. Push the crumbs or butter dough into the bottom of the prepared pan, and bake for 15 minutes; set on a wire rack to cool.
To Make the Filling:
- Preheat oven to 300ºF. Oil a 9-inch spring form pan. Alternatively, use a standard round pan. Oil the bottom and sides, fully line with edges overhanging by 2 inches for easy removal, and oil the bottom and sides of the paper again.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and honey until combined.
- Add yogurt and flour and mix until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Pour the mixture over the graham cracker crust and even out the top using a rubber/silicone spatula. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until set. Turn the oven off. Cool cheesecake in the oven with door ajar for 30 minutes. Top with raspberries, other berries, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until cold.
To Make the Optional Raspberry Sauce:
- Mash the raspberries and in a small saucepan.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar, stir, and cook over medium heat until raspberries are soft and sauce begins to slightly thicken.
- Strain the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer over a heat-proof bowl. Refirgerate until cooled.
- Pour over the cheesecake, as desired.
Add a handful of minced nuts to either crust recipe, or add 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal to the graham cracker recipe using butter.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.