If you’ve tried my Gluten Free Cake Flour Blend recipe, then you’ll love this gluten free all-purpose flour blend, as well. Rather than using some sorghum flour in this recipe, it calls for gluten free starch and superfine brown and white rice flour. If you do not have access to any, you may find gluten free superfine flours online at Authentic Foods or through the Amazon ad below. They carry white, brown, and sweet rice flours, as well as sorghum. This flour blend may also be used in cakes, cookies, muffins, cupcakes, pasty and more. However, when used in bread or bread type recipes it makes them a bit too starchy. Enjoy this new gluten free all purpose flour recipe. I am sure you’ll never go back to baking with regular gluten free flour again, especially when this recipe may be used cup for cup to replace gluten all purpose flour in all most recipes.
Use just as you would all-purpose flour, with similar results. No one will notice the difference.
- 2 cups superfine white rice flour (Authentic Foods brand.)
- 1 cup superfine brown rice flour (Authentic Foods brand.) - or more white superfine rice flour
- 1 1/8 cups potato starch
- 3/8 cup tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 2 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum* (or guar gum - for corn-free)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl; whisk thoroughly. For lghter baked goods, sift this blend into recipes.
*For crisp cookies use 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum. Honey makes baked goods softer, therefore, it is even more important to lessen the amount of gums used.
When converting gluten recipes to gluten-free, I suggest adding about 2 tablespoon additional fat such as butter to a cake.
Recipes using this gluten-free all-purpose flour blend:
Gluten Free Date Bars (Newton-Style)
Gluten Free Biscotti (Italian Cookies)
And many more!