I didn’t feel like cooking the other night and my husband suggested a large gluten-free salad. I started with lettuce and started adding ingredients one at a time, and ended up with this wonderful Mexican salad, which I thoroughly enjoyed! You can top it off with broken gluten-free tortilla chips. I had some blue corn tortilla chips on hand. It made a bit colorful, as well. I like saving the broken chips at the bag for salad or casserole use. Make your own and add your favorite ingredients!
Gluten Free Tex Mex Salad
- 1 bag lettuce mix
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup gluten-free black olives (most are GF), sliced
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Gluten free tortilla chips, broken into small pieces
- Red beans (optional)
- Tomato-Free Thousand Island Dressing or Chipotle Tex Mex Dressing or your favorite dressing
- Layer a bowl or plate with multiple types of lettuce.
- Layer with avocado, carrots, celery, cheese and then olives. You can add anything you enjoy: tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.
- Top with dressing and chips.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
¡cómetelo todo (Eat it all up now!)