A luscious chocolate cake filled with rich dulce de leche (caramel), and enveloped in creamy peanut butter frosting. You’ll appreciate the frosting recipe because you can easily adjust it to your liking. Just follow the easy tips provided. The Gluten Free Snicker’s Cake contains most of the ingredients in a Snicker’s Bar such as caramel, peanuts, and chocolate. The Snicker’s lovers in your house will go crazy!
Click the links in the ingredient list to see photos of the inside of the chocolate cake as well as dulce de leche.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Frosting and Snicker’s Cake
This decadent gluten free Snicker's cake is filled with dulce de leche (caramel) and topped with peanut butter frosting. It's flavored for the kid in all of us.
For the Cake:
- 1 recipe Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 recipe Dulce de Leche, for filling
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup gluten-free natural creamy peanut butter, or as needed/desired
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, or as needed/desired
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, or more as needed
- 1/3 recipe Rich Chocolate Frosting or Sour Cream Chocolate Frosting, for edges and center (optional)
- 1/4 Snicker bar (optional, contains soy)
- Handful of peanuts
- Make the cake as instructed in the above link.
- While the cake bakes, make the dulce de leche and set aside to cool.
To Make the Frosting:
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream together the butter and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add half of the confectioners' sugar.
- Mix in 1/4 cup of the cream.
- Beat in the remaining confectioners' sugar.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup cream and mix until creamy.
- Add an additional 2 tablespoons of cream, or as needed, a little at a time and mix until the frosting reaches a good spreading consistency.
- Adjust the frosting to your liking. You can add more peanut butter for a heavier and stronger peanut butter flavor. You may also make it stiffer by adding more confectioners' sugar. If you desire a softer frosting, add a tad bit more cream.
To Assemble the Cake:
- Add one layer of cake, round side faced down on a cake platter. Top with some dulce de leche. Then top with the second cake layer, flat sides together.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake. Garnish with chocolate frosting around the edges and the center, if desired. If using, place the piece of Snicker bar in the center on top of the chocolate frosting, and garnish with peanuts.
For low-sodium dieters, use unsalted creamy peanut butter. You can always add a small pinch of salt, which will enhance the flavors.
Adjust the frosting according to your tastes. Adding more confectioners' sugar makes the frosting stiffer. Adding more butter makes it richer and softer. Pouring in a little more whipping cream makes it lighter. Adding additional peanut butter makes it stiffer and heavier as well as develops a stronger flavor of peanuts.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.