When you have a craving for cheesecake, you don’t have to go through the effort and time it takes to make real cheesecake. Make this gluten free strawberry cheesecake parfait instead.
Gluten Free Strawberry Cheesecake Parfait
Whip up a this strawberry cheesecake parfait in no time at all. It will surely curb those cravings.
- One 8-oz. gluten free cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia or Tofutti for dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar (or stevia, to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon milk of choice, or as needed
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste depending upon sweetness of strawberries (or stevia, to taste)
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, milk, lemon zest and juice until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly pour in heavy whipping cream and beat on high until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add strawberries and granulated sugar to a bowl. Stir until sugar melts and releases
- If desired, set aside about 2 1/2 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs for garnish.
- Spoon 1/10 of the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom five wide glasses. Follow it by a layer of the cream cheese mixture, and then strawberry mixture. Repeat the same three layers. Sprinkle the top with additional graham cracker crumbs, if desired. Another option is to top with blueberries for the 4th of July.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.